Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pretty Costumes for Berryz Single

The official profile pictures for Berryz Koubou's newest single 'Cha Cha SING' have been released.
The costumes seem to be some form of Thai traditional dress, but in a more modern style.

Here's an example of traditional Thai dress.
And here's another (I love this one).

I find this to be the most charming and beautiful of all the outfits that Berryz have worn in the past. It is easy to make such bright outfits gaudy and tacky, but I find that they have done it well.
The colours are very royal and rich in tone, the gold pattern upon the clothing is very traditional and looks so wonderful, I'm glad that the costume designers went in this direction with the outfits.


I prefer the deep blue as it suits their pale skin tone better in my opinion. The red is vibrant, but I don't think it does the girls justice in bringing out their beauty, it washes them out and makes them look a little sickly. (But of course they didn't think about skin tone when picking colours, they picked out colours based on lead vocals, take a look at who's in red.)


I find the crowns to be rather large, and slightly out of place on a few of the girls - but that is mainly due to the hairstyles they have making it look stupid.


My favourite part of the costume to be their bracelets, I love the cloth that is attached tot he bangles, if I were wearing them I wouldn't stop waving them about, I obviously haven't heard the song yet, but I imagine that when the girls dance the 'bracelets' will look mesmerizing.



On to the profile pictures!

All of the outfits look the same (apart from the colours) except for Captains, at the center point of her belt sash is a turquoise coloured gem.
Sadly, I find Captain to look very awkward in this picture and her crown looks like it doesn't belong due to the massive ponytail to the side.


God dammit Momoko! Get rid of the twin tails!!
Despite how boring her hair is, the outfits suits her really well, and her pose in the pictures are definitely the cutest, which we all know she prides herself on. I find the red to be the most flattering on her, probably because her hair is black and it contrasts well.


Ah Chinami~ Look at that gorgeous grin, so youthful, so charming~ You can practically see the sparkle in her eyes. She is one of the few that suits having a crown. Truly, she is befitting of royalty.


I'm surprised at how good Maasa looks in this! Normally I find her lingering in the background forgotten, somewhat like a wallflower. But royal blue looks perfect on her and the crown suits her the most, I'm glad they left her hair down, I like long hair. Not keen on the pose in the full body shot, but her close up is nice.


Miyabi is gorgeous as per freaking usual, but they made an error with the colour, since her hair has a reddish tint to it and the top is red, it has made her skin look pink in hue, like she is embarrassed at something. It is not extremely obvious, but you can definitely see the difference in skin tone from her face to her waist.


Yurina looks great! Ever since Dakishimete Dakishimete she has been looking particularly charming and model-like. This is such a great look for her, I recommend that she wear more blue in her everyday clothes, no complaints for her.


I have been warming up to Risako lately, I used to severely dislike the girl, and I'm too sure why (other than her having tonnes of lines - which she doesn't decide who gets them). Sadly, she isn't looking so great here, I could blame the slightly ruffled skirt making her hips look too big, or I could blame the colour washing out her skin, but I actually really, really, hate her hair colour. I think it makes her look older, and not in a good way. On the plus side, her hairstyle is nice and her earrings look pretty, the make up is quite nice too.



Okay, I'm done here, just felt I should update at some point.
And I have a poll out for what content you'd like to see on here. So, click away!

No comments:

Post a Comment